Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm back!

After a brief reprieve... (And not one that I wanted... the camera just wouldn't upload the pictures for me! And who wants to read a blogpost of mine without pictures??!)





Want to see a bit of what Caleb did for the fair??




Remember these bottles?









Well... Caleb made a "bottle bug!"




Isn't he cute??! Oh what you can do with a bottle... a little copper wire... and a few beads!










And... Do you want to see what he made for the "Recycling" class??!




The thing that got wow's everywhere it went??!


The thing that the judge said was the most creative thing she had ever seen entered in the class??!



The thing that won RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION??! (Yay Caleb!! 2nd year in a row, baby!)






Prepare to be amazed here people!



So what do you do with...


A spindle....





A cast from an unfortunate event this spring...







A very thick medical book, drill, gorilla glue...


And a sock and some stuffing?


Why, with a little imagination and work...





Make a LAMP of course!!!! :o)



Way to go Caleb!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a major award!! (from A Christmas Story movie, if you haven't seen it then that probably doesn't make since so you should!)

Way to go Caleb, that's pretty creative!

Anonymous said...

Nice Caleb!!! Liked the lamp...super fun! That's one way to make lemonade out of lemons!;)
And way to go big sis! (I'm assuming you offered a helping hand too.:))
See you Sat. Nicole?:)

Anonymous said...

Just have to say that I love the new look Nicole! Very fun!;)

Anonymous said...

And I have to say I was checking your blog when you got the new look. Freaked me out!! I do think it's cute though. :)

Anonymous said...

I was just looking through your older posts(very interesting). But 'anyhoo', do you still have your boxer? She was extremely adorable!!! I love boxers...(dogs that is:)). We have two at our place, a fawn and an almost black brindle, Butch and Kyla.
~Lisa

Holly said...

awesome creativity! way to go, thinking outside the box!

Margo said...

That is so cool. I would love it if Caleb would let me put this on my web site as a project of the week. It is just too cool.
LMK
Margo