Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Oh, what I'll do for my brother and a few bottles!!

Okay... So Caleb and I have spent the last 2 days getting ready for his 4-H fair. He's been brainstorming and coming up with brilliant ideas! Well... a few of his projects involve bottles. Oh yeah... bottles. I love bottles!! :o) (I know, I know... call me weird!)

Anyway... He found this spot down by the creek last fall where someone dumped a bunch of bottles. So we got the brilliant idea to got get some. I didn't account on 2 things.

Mosquitoes and nettles.

OUCH!!! By the time I got down the creek bank and was looking for them, I didn't want to go back. So... I thought I'd just keep going. That was a mistake! As much as I love bottles... It wasn't worth it!!! lol! By the time I got back, I was itchy all over and had over 50 bug bites!



But that all said and done... Caleb and I found 48 bottles. Some are cooler than others... But oh the memories we'll have of them!

And yes... We got them all cleaned up... They look so much better now! :o)


I'll post pictures of what we did with them later! :o)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I heard that vinegar keeps them away! So, next time you head out to hunt for bottles rub some one...the smell doesn't last very long.
Glad to see you posting again! I love looking at your projects and the neat stuff you find!
Always in Christ,
Kourtney P.

Anonymous said...

This is nice! Two posts in two days. Keep it up! What exactly will you do with old bottles?!
God bless.