Friday, February 13, 2009

L-O-V-E

Wondering what to do with ALL THOSE leftover candy canes??!


How 'bout this?

Here's how.....

Preheat oven to 250 degrees...

Unwrap all your leftover candy canes....

Put them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper....

Cook for 5-10 minutes.... (Watch'em REALLY close! It doesn't take long for them to get too warm... Don't ask me how I know! lol!!)

Immediately start forming them after you pull them out. They'll be warm, but not too hot to handle! If they start getting too stiff, just throw them in the oven for a sec again and you'll be able to bend and mold them! I made lots of L's, O's, V's & E's for Valentine's day.

For that part of it, I spray painted all sides of a 6 in. 2x4... Modge Podged a piece of scrapbooking paper on the front... Super glued the L-O-V-E on.... Sprayed clear sealer over the entire front... (To seal the candy canes. If you don't the candy will get soft, sticky, and squishie by next year! Icky! Thanks mom for letting me in on that secret!! What would I do without you??!) And finished it off with tying ribbon around it with a big red bow on top! Love them!! And what a nifty way to use up leftover Christmas candy canes! Be creative! Make other words... Names.... You could even "fuse" 2 of them together to make a heart! Let me know what you come up with!!! :o)

No comments: