Friday, March 7, 2008

And now starting on a few of the finishing touches...

And yesterday I also put everything back on the mantle. It's very cute now! Want to see it?






In the center there is my mirror that I got on a garage sale a few years ago for only $2! I was very happy!! It's already distressed and everything.

I got this sign at Goodwill about a month ago. I thought the color would work in the livingroom and got it just in case it fit in anywhere. And it did!!

I bought the star after Christmas... 90% off, baby!! The empty picture frames were from an auction... Got those free! :o)





These are for the curtains... I saw them on clearence at Menards. They used to be 25-something... I got them 1$ for each pair! Whoohoo!

They were a very light oak color, but I spray painted them with cream. After it was dry, I decided that the cream was too stark, so I rubbed stain on it. What I wasn't expecting was for it to distress the areas when I rubbed the stain in harder. They turned out SUPER COOL!

Don'cha just love when that happens?! :o)

10 comments:

Kate said...

Gotta love deals like that! You make me smile, your so enthusiastic! I love it!

Anna B. said...

Oh Nicole! It is so pretty! I love the star on the mantle!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! You have such a nack for decorating! This world (and my house) need more people like you!

Anonymous said...

Nicole: Everything is turning out beautiful. Your parents are blessed in having a daughter like you!

Anna B. said...

It's beautiful Nicole! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm one of your "lurkers", (found you via. Bethany's blog one day) and I've actually just given you a blog award over on my blog! :) I love seeing all of the things you fix up from auctions as well as your remodeling projects. You do a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS...ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! You never cease to amaze me, Nicole! Your perseverance, and determination are a challenge to me...and I mean that! :D

So glad you found that camera cord...even though I'd already seen it! :) This just reminds me of what a beautiful job you did!!

Love you bunches, and bunches!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Nicole! I love the colors!
~Lesley

Liz Brown said...

It's turning out nicely :) I have my parents' and little brothers' bedrooms to make over around here ... any ideas? :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/