Monday, June 11, 2007

It's CYIA time again!

I know... I know....
It's seems as if I've dropped off the face of the earth.

My deepest apologies!

I've been in Central City, Nebraska for Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) Since last Monday. I've come here the last 8 years now. As a student the first 5 years and as staff since then. I really do look forward to it every year even though it's awfully intense and we don't really get much sleep!!!

In fact, this pretty accurately describes the plea of most of us by about the 3rd or 4th day!!!


Mountain Dew is my shepherd;
I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in hot and stuffy classrooms:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no evil.
For thou art with me;
thy caffeine and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a sugar high before me in the presence of mine teachers:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my bottle runneth over.
Surely attentiveness and concentration shall follow me all the days of CYIA:
And I will dwell in the land of Mountain Dew forever.


So there you have it! :o)
I'll update more about it later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your week has been very much like mine. I was serving on the Omaha Indian Reservation in Walthill this week, and every afternoon we did a VBS using CEF materials... fun stuff. I'll post about it soon.

Anonymous said...

Your boxer is not a reverse brindle in color. Reverse brindle is when there is more black than brown. A sealed reverse brindle is a black boxer. What you have is a very light brindle boxer that is predominantly fawn. I raise boxers and have had a reverse brindle. Whomever you got your information from is wrong.