Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kaydee...

I don't think I've ever introduced Kaydee to you on my blog!




"Kaydee is a bright reverse-brindle Boxer with a great personality. She is the outdoor type who likes pina-coladas and long walks on the beach..."



Tee-hee Just kidding!


Here's a bit about her though:


  • She's a Boxer.


  • She is about 1 year 8 months old.


  • She's very mature for her age... She's not hyper like a lot of Boxers.


  • Her color is very rare. She's a reverse brindle.


  • Mom affectionately (And sometimes not-so-affectionately) calls her "The Beast." She randomly destroys stuff whenever I leave her home alone. She doesn't like being left home! She even learned how to open the pantry door. She's getting better though... Not so much stuff is getting destroyed!


  • She snores at night... A lot!




Yesterday evening I met with a friend, Abi, at a park in Onawa for supper. (Thanks Abi! I had a great time!) As I was leaving home, Kaydee gave me that look that said, "Please take me along!" Either that, or it was the look that said, "If you don't take me along, I'll destroy everything I can and you'll be sorry!" It's so hard to tell the difference between the two! :o) lol


Anyway... I decided to take her along, since we were meeting at the park. She loved it! And like Abi said, there was a certain safety in having her along! I always feel very safe with Kaydee because she looks mean... But she's not at all.



Last summer I brought her along with me when I took my brother, Caleb and my 2 cousins to swimming lessons. She was just 8 months old, but even then, she could tell when to be protective. As all the moms and kids walked by, she wiggled all over, anxious to meet them. But when some scary lookin' boys went by on skateboards, the hair stood up on her back and she growled as they went by. Yup, I love my dog!



Anyhoo.. Just thought you might like to meet Kaydee since I haven't had time to work on any projects lately to post about.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole!
Love the post.
Kaydee is sooo cute :)

Margo said...

What a cute dog, Her coloring is alot like My Greyhound, Gigi.

We call it Red Brindle take a look
http://www.robotics.com/pictures/pulse.jpg

for some reason a lot of dogs are protective when it comes to men. I had a dalmatian who would be sweet to any woman or child, but would growl if a workman tried to come into our backyard. Or a man or older boy came to the door. Gigi is the same way with all men except my husband. She will even growl at my grown boys sometimes when they come in late at night. It's good to have them around.

Liz Brown said...

Cute post, Nicole :) Kaydee looks like a sweetie!

Rachel said...

Awww....so cute! And by the way -- I love the pictures. Great photographer you have there! :D

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog?!?!?!?!? CUTE puppy it makes me think of all the "Hank the Cowdog" stories
Noah Ulmer

Anonymous said...

Ah...that was so much fun! Thank YOU for the great time! You know, we really should do that again sometime! :) You're such a blessing!!!

I love you!