Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm ali-i-i-i-ive!

Hello Ya'll!!

Yes! I am still alive!

I know you haven't heard from me since last year... But it is only January, so that's okay! ;o) lol


The reason I haven't blogged? Well... I just haven't done any blog-worthy "stuff" lately! But finally, I am! Are you ready for the news? The really, really, really exciting news?

**DRUMROLL PLEASE**



See all this stuff?? It's going to be used very shortly! How exciting!
These are the chosen colors! Sage green walls... Cream woodwork... and red accents!
I've been planning this room ever so long! Now the wallpaper boarder is coming off! Caleb's such a good helper!
The almost 60-year old carpet is torn up... Yes, I did say almost 60-year old carpet. And let me tell you... it was horrifically disgusting! Wait... that would be an understatement! Revolting? Repulsive? Sickening? Filthy? Nauseating? You know... I don't think there's even a word for it in the English language as we know it! Let's just stick with, "it was GROSS!!!"
You know how carpets have like... shag? This one didn't. It was just the mat. I mean, it got so bad... That when our vacume cleaner gave up the ghost last year, we've taken to sweeping it! And get this... It actually worked!
Halelujah!
I love progress!!!
The cracks... are all puttied... Just a bit of sanding and we're good to go!

The ceiling is ready to be redone...
Have you guessed which room I'm working on now?!


Yay!!! The livingroom!!! Oh joy!

I am going to resume work on Monday... So come back soon for updates!

YAY!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more pictures!!! How exciting!

Bethany said...

Rejoicing with you in being able to begin this project! The colors you chose look great (and after that comment yesterday at church...I should know, eh? :) Can't wait to see more pictures!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am such a Blessed Mother to have a daughter that would have the guts to tackle such a project!
I love your God Given creativity!
Thanks, Nicole for using your gifts to make our home so nice!
I love you my Favorite 20 yr old daughter!!!
MOM

~~Deby said...

Can't wait to see the results of the hard work....welcome back to blogland.
Deby

Anonymous said...

That is going to be just gorgeous, Nicole! You have such a gift for bringing colors together in such a warm, inviting way. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Love you bunches!

PS--You know...there really is a blog post you left off...it had to do with something you got this past weekend...and I think it even involved the number two?!? Hugs!