Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The transformation of a fireplace...

Okay... want to see just a bit of progress??





Okay... So I didn't get a good before shot of the fireplace but I did happen to have this, so it'll have to do. You can kind of see it there... I just didn't like it though. It was too dark and didn't really "go" in there. So... here's the transformation of a fireplace! :o)



First, the gold... *sigh* Can't someone help me out here? What on earth is it called?!?! lol! Still can't remember. *sigh*

You know what I mean, anyway! It's black now and it looks so much better! I love how it looks!




Next, the entire brick and mantle were primed. I was intending to paint 2 coats of cream on the brick. However, after getting this far, I think I'm going to leave it.




The mortar all stayed white, but the brick behind shows through just a bit and I LOVE it!!!




And now the mantle is red... I still need one more coat on it, then I'm going to distress it. Should be REALLY neat! I added molding around the top to throw some more detail into the mix. So the distressing will really bring that out! Love it!



Anyway... It's really coming along and looking just how I want things to look! Yay!


It's SO fun seeing one's visions and plans coming into reality!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I love what you did with your sage green walls and the fireplace - good job. I'll check back on your plank ceiling and wood floors. You're really going to love it! Vickie

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous Nicole!!!!! You did such a good job! I can't wait to see the distressed look! I can't wait and see it when its all done either!
Anna B.

Margo said...

That is looking very nice. Love your color choices, and the mantle stunning. Good for you girl, getting into this so young. Wish I had discovered it when I was your age. Oh well, I've got to work to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
You are my inspiration! Thanks for using your talents to make our home so nice! You are amazing!!!
Love you! MOM

Kate said...

Looking good!