Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm in love!!!

Yes... Yes... You heard me! I'm in love! L-O-V-E!
This new paint in the livingroom is beautiful! Absolutely and completely perfect!
I had a hard time getting pictures as we hadn't had a lot of natural light lately... But... It's kind of a light sage green. Very pretty!

We'll have cream woodwork, so I think it'll really pop in there! That gold fireplace thingy.. what do you call it?! Temporary mind block... Ummmm.... Okay.... Now I'm just sounding silly! But... yeah. That gold fireplace thingy is being painted black as we speak! Yay! I have something against shiny gold "house bling." I prefer the rust, puter, ect... patina. (Aren't you impressed that I not only knew that word... But I also knew what it meant? And even used it in the right context? Nice, huh?)


Look! Look! It's my human stud-finder! I mean... My cousin!

Kristin-my-cousin-who-goes-to-college-far-away-in-MO-but-is-home-on-Christmas-break came to stay a few days with me, and I of course, talked her into helping me out with the livingroom for a bit.

I'm planning on putting in tongue and groove planks like Kim did at One Woman's Cottage Life. I loved how it turned out, so decided to give it a go too! :o)

But what is Kristin doing up there? Well... It seems our studfinder wasn't doing a very reliable job at figuring out where the studs were. So we had to intervene. In other words, we had to cut through the ceiling from one end of the room to the other. Whew! I'm wiring in 2 lights anyway, so it all worked out. But out shoulders were SORE! :o)

Anyhoo... I know it seems I'm running about 4 days behind in blogging! Ahhhh! Before... I didn't blog because I had nothing to blog about. Now I don't blog because I'm to busy to blog! There's no winning about it, is there? lol!
Well... Whatever the case... I'll try to be more faithful in my bloggin'! :o)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Very nice! I love that color! Can't wait to see the finished result!

~~Deby said...

WOW..it looks GREAT....
Deby

Margo said...

It's a brass fireplace screen. At least that's what I call them.