Monday, February 4, 2008

I love my saws!

Okay... As I've been working on the livingroom... I've noticed how many saws I have. And really... I LOVE them all! Well.. most of them! :o)

Here's my miter saw... Between that and my radial arm saw, the ceiling was a breeze when it came to cutting the planks! I love my miter saw! Got it on ebay, brand spankin' new! Most girls get things like sewing machines on ebay? Me? I go for the saws, baby! :o)

Now... this circular saw has been around for a long time! About as long as I can remember, actually! So technically... I guess it isn't MY saw... but it's been a faithful 'ol thing! Our dogs always had a thing for chewing off the chord. I'm not sure why... Think it tasted like chicken, maybe? :o) Whatever the case, dad kept fixing the chord over and over till it was like 2 inches long! I kid you not!! Well.. it went several years before they touched it again. Last fall though, someone left it within reach of some hungry or just plain bored dogs and... You guessed it! They ate it again! So, it is now eqipped with a new chord and still works as good as ever!


My jigsaw... nothing impressive... don't even use it that much.. but... It's nice to have around! Just haven't used it enough to get attached to it or anything yet! :o) lol


Okay... So I really don't have any feelings for this one... I despise it, actually! Because whenever I have to use it, it means sore shoulders! But... I suppose it's a good thing to have around for those occations when none of the other saws will suffice!

I also have my radial arm saw which I absolutely adore!! I actually bought it from a thrift store of all places! It's been great! Can do almost anything! It does the job of both a miter saw and a table saw! I went to look and see how much they were at a Menards once... But when we asked where they were, the guy looked at us and said, "We don't sell those anymore... Too many people were cutting their arms off!" lol!

And mom... if you're reading this now... ummmm.... *cough cough* Don't worry! I'm very very cautious! :o) I mean... All saws are dangerous if you don't use them right. Even my hand saw!! Or the steak knife!! :o)

Anyhoo... better get to work... the floor is next! Yay!

1 comment:

Shirlee said...

I'm with you, I love my tools. But I equally love my sewing machine.
That's pretty scary that they don't sell the radial arm saw because of the dismemberment thing. Yikes!