Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's do-o-o-o-o-one!!!!!

Look!!! It's all done!!!!

I still need to do the crown molding around the sides... but... IT'S DONE!!!!

Mom asked me what I would do differently... And I came up with 2 things.
I wouldn't paint them first... Maybe 1 coat of primer... but that's it!
And number 2... I would have bought 10 ft boards instead of 16 ft. The guy at Menards underestimated how many we needed, so we had to go back to get some. So we got 10 ft boards instead of 16 ft and the were a lot easier to work with. I think the longer they are, the more they tend to warp and bend.
So between being really straight shorter boards and unpainted as well, the last couple rows were a breeze!!! I wasn't sure if I should be glad that it was going so well... Or just plain upset that I didn't do it that way from the start!! :o)

I was going to go cream on it, but it was just too warm of a color and it seemed to make the ceiling look shorter. So we opted for flat white. I kind of liked the satin better, but mom thought it was to shiny with as many windows as we had. I really like how it turned out!!



As much as I love painting... I'm going to appreciate seeing this go back on the shelf downstairs!!! :o)

2 comments:

Shirlee said...

It looks great, congrats on a job well done.
We used 12 foot boards since our rooms are 11 1/2 feet wide. We ripped out all plaster down to the lath then installed strapping boards to nail the planks on to keep them from warping. We have high ceiling so it wasn't a big deal losing a 1/2" with the straps.

The crown moulding will be the icing on the cake!

Kate said...

Very nice! It sure has been a complete makeover! Nice job!