Monday, February 11, 2008

Of floors and cake...

Wondering what I've been up lately? Well... Near as Dad and I could figure out, I've been some weird cross between a "Becky Homecky" and a "Bob the Builder!" :o)

The floor is really coming along!! I'm about half done now!!

Was hoping to finish installing it today and have it all stained and varnished be Wednesday, however I caught a seriously nasty bug from Caleb and Mom and I'm out for a while... Bummer!!!

Isn't it looking nice?! I'm SO excited!!! I'm really sold on wood floors now!



And.... the Becky Homecky part! I made lots and lots of cake!!

This was the one for my Aunt and Uncle's 25th Anniversary party...



This one was for my Aunt Sheryl's 50th Birthday party!

This one was my favorite! It was super fun!

It looks kinda little girl-y, but that's what mom wanted for it! :o)

Anyhoo... That's what I've been up to!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for giving you the creepin' crud!!!! :o
Love ya! Mom and Caleb

Rachel said...

Wow! I've known for years that you are a talented beauty, but you still never cease to amaze me!! ;)

Love --and miss -- you!

Anonymous said...

Seriously Nicole, just when I think you can't amaze me anymore... low and behold you do it again! How do you perform SO many talents, and each being so flawlessly breathtaking?!?! You're such an imspiration...and I meant that wholeheartedly! Love you so, so much! Hope you feel better really soon!

Kate said...

Beautiful cakes! Wow!

Isn't laying wood floors fun? ;) Its so satisfying. Kinda like putting a puzzle together.

Anonymous said...

You are soooo a Martha Stewart protigee...I'll be looking for your show to come out any season now.

your adoring fan
BABE,

Anonymous said...

Nicole, You are soooooo impressive! The floor looks fabulous, and the cakes...wow!!!! You are soooooo talented!
Love Ya lots!!!

Margo said...

Great job on the floors and cake. I've yet to tackle a wood floor. Good for you.
Margo

Anonymous said...

The floors are gorgeous and the cakes are sooo beautiful. Did you take a cake decorating class? They are really are gorgeous.