Friday, May 4, 2007

'Tis the Season!

Wow! What fun!
I love auction season, you know?!?

Auctions and Garages Sales... The best sources of fun on this planet!


A coule Saturdays ago, Caleb went with Dad down to a friend’s house to roof. That left mom and I at home… Without a little man… (Don’t get me wrong, I love Caleb! He just tires of auctions after the 1st hour.) And an auction going on a mere 15 minutes from home. What does that mean? A LOT OF FUN!!!
I got lots of fun stuff that I really didn’t need but I got anyway! Hey! It was only a dollar, right?! LOL

I got:
* A ton of older and vintage magazines - Going to try to resell on Ebay. (I ended up getting them free!)




* 3 chests… (2 for $1.00 each, 1 for .50) I've already got 2 of them full of things I don't use very often but want to have close on hand, and sitting beside my bed. They're my new side table! I love them! Can't decided where to put the 3rd. No more room in my bedroom. Having my own home someday will be such fun!!! :o)





* 2 stools… (1 for $2.00, 1 for .50) (This is the $2.00 one. They usually go for over $10 at the other auctions I've seen them at. I always wanted one 'cause they're just so cute, but never wanted to spend $10 or more for it! ;o) lol)


* 2 glass lamps – I’m hoping to find some really pretty old-fashioned lampshades! ($1.00 each)



* And 1 black antique doctor’s bag ($1.00) (It's in my room now... I want to fill it with pinecones, christmas lights, and pretty ribbon come next Christmas! I think it'll be ADORABLE!)


Also got a bunch of old books. Hard-back. Various titles. What does that mean? A NEW PROJECT! I saw the COOLEST things that this guy did with old books. Check it out! Now… Problem: I have lots of old books… But how does he do it?!?!?!? If you have any thoughts before I start tearing into these new books of mine, let me know!!! LOL
I got a lot of stuff for mom too. Every time she left and came back, I had bought her something else! It was all good though. She had asked me to keep an eye on that stuff. I won some… Lost some… That’s the fun of an auction. The atmosphere… Reading people… Deciding how much you’ll pay for something… Bidding higher than what you decided on previously… Getting outbid anyway… Got to love it!

Anyhoo… Better go…
Here’s to auctions… and junk… and all other fun!

~Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy checking what T2T you've been dealing with lately. Keep up the good work!

Talk to you soon.

Smiles,

Em

allynandemily.blogspot.com

Margo said...

Those Chests were a great buy, I'm jealous.