Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mount Rushmore...

Well... I just got back from taking Jenny back to school in SD. (I miss you, Jenny! *sniff sniff*)





On our way there, we stopped by Mount Rushmore. It wasn't too far out of the way... I hadn't seen it since I was very young... And Micah had never seen it at all. So, it was off to Mount Rushmore we went.




It wasn't something you'd want to spend all day looking at... But it was very neat to stop by! :o) I'd like to go back and check out some of the shops in the town we went through before getting there. They looked awfully cool. *Sigh* Maybe someday! Jenny had to get to school... And besides, I'm pretty sure Mich would've started a revolt. He's not into that sort of thing! Someday, I'd like to go on a trip, where I could stop at any cutesy shop or antique store that I wanted. Maybe I should marry an antique geek. Or a garbage man! That would be cool!



Anyway... Back to the topic! :o) lol Sorry about the bunny trail there! Another thing I'd like to do if I ever go back would be to walk the trails. I saw them, but again... We were in too much of a hurry. I guess they're really pretty. (I'm just reading about them now!) Lots of wildflowers!
But I've decided... There are 3 types of people in this world. The "fast walkers," the "slow walkers," and the "no walkers." The "no walkers" are the couch potatoes in this world. The ones that would rather die than burn calories in the form of walking. Then there's the "fast walkers." My 'tousins would be in that category. It's embarrassing walking with them... In fact, when I walk with them, I don't walk... I jog. :o) Then there's me! The "slow walkers." We like to take our time and mosey along. We might not get as far or back home as fast, but hey! That's okay! :o) I'm still developing my theory on whether your walking "type" is hereditary or learned. I think there is evidence to support both beliefs. I do believe that mine is learned, however. I'd normally think that I would be a "fast walker." Long legs... Get-it-done personality... But, I think the fact that painfully, my hip pops incessantly for each stride when I walk fast leaves an adverse effect, therefore forcing me into the "slow walking" category. What do you think? Is your "walking type" decided by hereditary genes or is it a learned trait?



Anyway... Sorry about another bunny trail there.... This was the man that sculpted the faces of Mount Rushmore. Or he was the brains behind it anyway. All I know is... He was a very bald man! :o) lol



So... That was our short time at Mount Rushmore. I know that lately, my blog has been overrun by posts of my latest trip, however... I promise... I'll be posting some of my projects before long! Just as soon as I get some time to work on them! :o)

So until then... Hope your days are bright!

No comments: