Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Bedroom....

Hey there!


Everyone else is in bed and I'm just sitting here working on my laptop... Listening to sweet old love songs just for the fun of it.

I was looking through old projects that I had done and thought I might start posting them! ;o)


Last winter was my bedroom project. I had been in the bedroom downstairs, complete with a fireplace. It is a HUGE room. But, as time went on, it became less and less my room. Half of it was the office and everyone who came to do candles walked back and forth through that room. So we moved the candle storage down to my old bedroom and I moved up to where the candles had been.
Happily, I decided it needed a makeover first!! YAY!

Here's a BEFORE picture... Excuse my very unmade bed! ;o)

It wouldn't have been so bad except for the very nasty green woodwork. And besides... I was just looking for an excuse to redecorate something!!! :o) lol

I painted it a darker brown first. It was a terrible color! :o) lol Doesn't look quite so bad in the picture, though! Thankfully I knew I'd be painting over it!

I did the "dragging" thing and I LOVE how it turned out! The woodwork is white now.

Painted it dark brown... Let it dry... Painted it Taupe in 2-3 ft. wide sections and ran a long wallpaper brush through it... (hence the term "dragging!") Word to the wise.... Work fast!

It looks like fabric or something now... I love how it turned out!


And here's some of the stuff in my room...


The window frame is my favorite... So much so, that I still haven't decided where I want to hang it. The greenery things are just there so the dog doesn't eat them. They're for a friend just as soon as I can get them to her. The scrabble things are just something I've been playing with...

Isn't the crackling cool?!!? I love it!


This is what's above my bed. I didn't take a picture of my bed... because... well... ummm... My bed isn't made again and I wouldn't want you thinking that I didn't ever make my bed, now would I?!

So there's a VERY brief tour into a few select areas of my bedroom... Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll show you more after I clean! ;o)

3 comments:

Margo said...

Love your bucket lamp. Please take some more pics of it and send them to me for my lamps page, if you'd like. Love the window too, LMK when it finds a home and I'll post it as well. Did you make the shelf? is it T2T? Love your Scrabble signs too. Love the paint job, I don't do faux, but I love it when other people do. I just don't have the patience.
Great makeover, now go make that bed.

Bethany said...

Listening to ol' love songs?! How fun! :D Which is your favorite one?

And what a cool bedroom! Wow -- you did excellent work on your painting, and I love your accents and decorations. Can't wait to see it in person someday... :)

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your bedroom is amazing! I love how the color turned out. I also really like how you have it decorated...so pretty!