Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Treasures!

Well.... I went through all the "junk" today and certainly found some treasures!!!


This is the bigger stuff... I'm excited about the sythe. I got it for $6 (You can imagine the comments I got on that one! ;o) It seems I was "The cutest Grim Reaper they'd ever seen!" lol) And a lady beside me said there was one down the street in the antique shop for $45!
I got the antique stool for $3. I'm going to ask my great-uncle Jake if he could make a new seat for it since this one is broken in half... (He does beautiful woodworking) And I'm going to see if Dad can take the rest of it to work and sandblast it. (Dad, If you read this before I get to ask you... Just pretend like you don't know! ;o) Love you!!! lol)
Ive already primed the green box. It has the cutest handle... I fell in love with it. And it was chock full of exciting junk too! And only $1 at that! Yay for auctions!

And I got all of these glass insulators in a box for $5... Not bad! They were so pretty out in the sunlight!!!


I was so tickled about this crate! That's where I found my best treasures!!! And only $1!!! It doesn't need a thing done to it! No paint jobs... Fixes.... It's darling just the way it is! Awww!!!

These were a few of the itsy bitsy treasures. I grabbed the irons (That's not what you call them, but I can't seem to remember what it is! ;o) lol) for $7. That was my biggest purchase. There was another guy who seemed set on them too. They're REALLY heavy, though!

Then there's the glass knob and 2 skeleton keys that I posted last night.

And a TINY leather pouch with a "5 cent trading coin," a Boys Town pendant, and an old army dogtag for Leonard Lyle Davis. Pretty cool!

AND.... These really old goggles. They look like the type that they used for driving in cars or really old airplanes. Anyone know anything about them? They're leather.... With straps that tie in the back... And the little plastic lens. They're in awfully good condition, whatever they are! ;o)

Anyhoo.... Those are my most exciting purchases, anyway! I hope there'll be an auction again soon!!! :o)

7 comments:

Margo said...

Those are great finds. I've never seen any goggles like that before. You might look on ebay for values.

Sondra said...

Wow - great finds! Don't you just love a successful junking trip?!

~~Deby said...

wooohoooo..love all your bargains..looks like treasures to me
Deby

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see how you fix them up!

Goldfish said...

Always exciting to get things for a good price! (Personally, I love it when I get a skirt for $3 :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nicole, I did not know that you had a blog! Now I have another one that I can 'check' on to see what my friends are doing! Sounds like you got alot of 'treasures' at the auction! It was good to see you today. Take care! Emily

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog from a link from Robolady's blog.

I love that wedding cake. It is so beautiful!

So far, I've only had time to read the first page of your blog. I'll read more, though.

~elaine~ from SoCal