Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Projects... Projects...

Hey Ya'll!
Here are some pics that I've worked on lately! I'm really kind of into red accents right now. I love them! They just "pop" in a room. In fact, my dream kitchen right now is taupe walls and deep red cupboards. *sigh* But not "orangey" red... more towards the Burgundy red... Like the red I'm using now.



Anyway... back to my projects!

I got this trunk at a garage sale... I know, I know... ANOTHER trunk?!?! I think my obsession with glass bottles has turned towards trunks. I just got 3 on an auction this spring for 1.00 each. Another one on an auction for free. And now this one. But it was only 5.00!!! "And hey... I've spent 5.00 in worse places, right?!?" :o) (That's my pat answer to myself whenever I see some more junk that I don't need! :o) lol) It really was quite the steal! I'm very happy with it!

Empty distressed picture frames are "in" right now and I must admit, I love them! Just randomly arrange them on a shelf or mantle. Have an arrangement in my head for the livingroom... I'll be sure to post pictures when I do it!!! :o)

Random letters are "in" right now too and they're growing on me as well! I got these at a thrift store for 1.00 each. So I brought them home and hit them with a coat of spray paint and then distressed the edges. I love how they turned out!

I got this lovely box at a thrift store as well for 2.00. Let me re-phrase that... I got this now-lovely box at a thrift store! :o)

It was black, ugly, and chipped. But I don't know... There was something charming about it. I loved it's little glass knob. And all it's pretty details. So I got it figuring, "hey... I've spent 2.00 in worse places, right?!?" :o) lol (Told you it was a good answer!)

But I hit it with 2 coats of my new favorite red spray paint... Sanded the details to bring them out... and TA-DAA! I LOVE it!!!

So that's just aa bit of what I worked on this week!

More coming soon! :o)

7 comments:

Margo said...

Love these projects, and the viniette is beautiful. Great buy on the trunks, wish I could find some good ones for that price. You are right, letters are hot right now, great color great find. I'm going to use these projects, and the lamp project on my web page soon, so keep an eye out. It may be in October.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Nicole, found you via robolady's blog...I just love all of your finds...I'm not sure what is my favorite since they are all great items!

Anonymous said...

You have some really cool things!!! I NEED to know the kind and color of that red paint????? It is perfect for so many things!!
Thank you for letting me visit!

Nicole said...

Hello Jaybird!
Yes... I got it from Menards...
It's Rust-oleum, American Accents ~ the color is "Claret Wine."

I've really fallen in love with it! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the info....I will look for it this weekend! You have captured my imagination!!!!
Have a GREAT weekend with lots of nice garage sale finds!!! (too bad we can't get to Robolady's barn sale :^(

Anonymous said...

The nifty little box with the crystal knob is actually a toilet paper holder. They sold these at Target for about $25- I got mine for $5 on clearance- but you got a real bargain!
I have one that is still a cream color from when I bought it. I really like your idea of painting it though- I think I may do that to mine.

I think you have some great pieces!

~~Deby said...

oh ..wow I am loving getting to know you via your blog...I am a thrift shop..yard garage sale..and GOODWILL girl..hey bought a skirt there yesterday for the FABRIC...$2.00....thanks for visitng and signing up on my 200th post gift away.....the cake was beautiful..now back to catching up on your archives.
Deby
btw...WHAT kind of spray paint did you use...need to know