Sunday, September 16, 2007

The finished piece of cake....

Whew! It's done!



This was at about 11:00 p.m. Frosting the last of the actual wedding cake.



Annnd.... This was on Saturday morning! ;o) lol
Putting the finishing touches on the extra sheet cake whilst in my curlers. :o)




We added the darling little leaves at the reception hall. We figured it was safer that way. I was sure something was going to happen to the cakes en route. I think that was the slowest I've ever driven since I first got my learner's permit!




I just took this so you could see mom's hair... Isn't it adorable?! I was so happy with how it turned out!




And I'm putting out the vitals... Napkins... Eating utensils... Nuts... Mints....



Teamwork!!!


Like the flowers on top? Tee-hee! We got there and asked for the flowers that they were supposed to have for the top and..... They forgot about making them!!! :o) lol So we stole all the extra boutonnieres and corsages and arranged them on top. They didn't look half bad! ;o) lol



Ed, and my cousin, Melissa.



Right before Melissa and Ed went up to cut the cake, she came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "I know I already asked you to MAKE the cake, but would you mind cutting and serving it too?" lol
So yeah! I was the cake server with a smile! ;o)



This is my Uncle Todd... He's a riot! ;o)
He talked me into dancing with him... And.... We danced the jitter-bug, baby! It was a ton of fun! And tiring! ;o) SWING BABY!

And sweet Caleb even requested a song for me and asked me to dance with him.... Awwww....
But *pwhew!* The cake was lots of fun.... But I'm glad it's over! :o)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! The cake is truly beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Great Mom-Daughter team! By the way come take a peek over at my blog and leave some comments would love to hear from you! Take care and by the way I visit your blog daily..:)

Margo said...

It turned out just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! It's done (I breathe an empathetic sigh of relief for you :). And it turned out gorgeous!!! And..... now if anything happens to me, I have a backup to make Abby and Caleb's cake...lol :) Don't worry, I'll try to be very careful with myself between now and the wedding. But seriously, the cake turned out so beautiful (even to my critical eye ;). I took 5 minutes out of my "work day" to ooh and ahh over the cake... and your Uncle Loren caught me. Thankfully, he's nice and easy going.... he'll probably turn me over the the big mean manager (aka Ragnar) for my tounge lashing. Anyway, better get back to work. See you soon, hopefully?

~Angela

sugarcreekstuff said...

Your cousin is lucky to have you in her family. Such a beautiful cake and a beautiful mom.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful - you and your mother look like ya'll enjoy one another so much - and it is obvious that you care about your family - thank you for sharing the cake and day with us - beautiful bride.

Anonymous said...

Wow Nicole- I'm impressed!! The cake looks absolutely fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

I know you were pooped, but that cake was absolutely stunning!!! Pictures were all cute as can be!!