Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's been a busy week!!!

I know... I know.... It's been FOREVER since I've blogged! This week has been CRAZY busy! Our candle season is in full swing leaving little to no time for my trashy behavior! ;o)

I've been wanting to post pictures of all the wonderful junk I got on an auction last Saturday, but I haven't been able to even take pictures. "Why?" you ask... Well, it has not been very good weather lately. I have not seen the sun since last Friday. *sigh* But as soon as it pokes it's sunny face through the clouds, pictures will be sure to come!

So... despite not having any pictures... I will share with you the adventure I embarked upon last Saturday.


I awoke to the dreary, drip-drop sound on my window early Saturday morning. I was thrilled! Rainy auctions are great! Nobody comes! Yay! Makes for exciting buys, it does!
This particular auction was located a mere 2-3 miles from our house. Oh joy! We made our way there and to my great satisfaction, the only people there were all guys. Old guys. (With the exception of one particular fellow who was somewhere around my age... He had the most serious case of plummer's pants I have ever seen in my entire life! No offence to the plummers out there who might be reading this! ;o) lol)
It had the makings of definately being my kind of auction! ;o) My only grief being the fact that those old guys are a bit difficult when fighting over tools. But reguardless of that fact... I got absolutely adorable tables for a mere 1.00... Beautiful enamelware for next-to-nothing... It was great! I even bought a drill press. Which in itself brought about a conversation that still has me laughing! It went something like this:

I was over in a corner looking through a huge pile of some Christmas junk I had just gotten when behind me I heard a group of guys talking.

Guy 1: Hey... I need this drill press moved so I can get my truck in here. Anyone know who bought it?

Guy 2: Yeah... Ummmm.... I think a girl bought it.

Guys 1, 3, and 4: No way.... Come on.... Who really bought it.

Guy 2: No! I'm serious! It was some girl! She had her son with her. (Note: *Ahem!* That would be my little brother, Caleb)

It was SO funny! I guess I'm just not quite the "normal" gal, am I?!? lol You should have seen the looks on Guy 1, 3 and 4's faces when I turned around, smiled at them and sweetly said, "Oh! That's mine... Would you like it moved?" Priceless!!! :o)

I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as it clears up outside!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Funny! :)

Goldfish said...

That's great! ;)

Bethany said...

LOL!!!! There is only 'tousin Nicole! Now you have me all curious as to the treasures you found. Surely the sun is shining by now?! If it is still raining there, you should come up to Michigan -- the sun is shining here! :)

Love you!

Margo said...

You go Girl!!!