Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Meanings of roses....

I am working on getting the roses up on my new website.... So I decided to research the meanings of the different colors of roses. I decided it might come in handy later! ;o)

Thought you all might enjoy what I've found!


Roses themselves express love and admiration. However each color has a traditional, special meaning that can express your true feelings for someone, whether it be friendship or romance. Here is a list of the various colors and the symbolic message they each convey.


A red rose says, “I love you.” It’s romance, passion, respect, and adoration all wrapped up in one single rose.

A light pink rose says, “I admire you.” It’s elegance, style, beauty, and charm!

A dark pink rose says, “thank you.” It is appreciation and gratitude.

A white rose says, “You are pure.” It’s innocence, respect, remembrance and hope.

A yellow rose says “You are a dear friend!” It evokes strong feelings of pure joy happiness, and friendship.

A yellow rose with red tips says, “You are more than a friend.” It symbolizes the transformation from a friendship to a budding romance.

An orange or peach rose says, “You are exciting.” It’s blazing energy, desire, passion, and a fervent romance.

A red and white rose says, “I will be here for you forever.” It’s unity, harmony, honesty, and trust.

A Burgundy rose says, “ You are beautiful!” It’s unconscious beauty.

A lavender rose says, “I fell in love with you at first sight.” It’s enchantment, attraction, and delight.

A blue rose says, “ You are mysterious.” It’s intrigue, fascination and attraction.



There you go!! Now you know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun to hear about the meanings assigned to the various rose colors. I've obviously seen them before(since I've worked at a flower shop), but never can remember them all off the top of my head.

I'll have to send you a yellow rose sometime on facebook. (Hm...I don't remember facebook giving the option to send a certain color of flowers/roses.) If facebook doesn't have that option, just pretend the flowers I send you are yellow and that they're roses, okay? LOL Anna

Jean said...

Those roses are amazing! Glad to here you will eventually have them for sale on the web! Thanks for all the info.

Anonymous said...

My mother used to say, "Yellow roses mean friendship, white roses mean love, and red roses mean business!!!"

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to share! I loved reading about all of them. Most I knew, but it's good to be reminded, right?! :) HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

o thats fun!
I never knew that.

Claire said...

I love the language of flowers!