Monday, October 8, 2007

Waiting...


I was really searching tonight… and so I opened my Bible and my eyes lit upon Psalm 40. My heart almost stopped beating when I saw verse 1. It said,

“I waited patiently for the LORD and He inclined unto me and heard my cry.”

Then it went on in verses 2-4.

“He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God. Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man that maketh the LORD His trust…”

And the chapter goes on. It’s so encouraging! And my desire for my own life!!!
NOTE TO MYSELF: Go back and read Psalms 40 when discouraged!

As I read verse 1, the thought crossed my mind… What does it mean to “wait on the LORD?” I looked at the sidebar in my Bible and saw that it said, “Waiting for God. Ps. 130:6.” So off I went to see what it said.

“My soul waiteth for the LORD more than they that watch for the morning; I say, more than they that watch for the morning.”

I then noticed that I had already underlined the previous verse, which meant it had spoken to me before. It said,

“I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait. And in His word do I hope.”


How good my God is to give me what I need to hear when I need to hear it!

2 comments:

Kate said...

That is beautiful! Very encouraging! Thank for posting that.
Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ah...Nicole, thank you SO much for posting that. A heart touching a heart! What an encouragement! I'm praying for you!

PS--I really like that you changed your comment page...it loads so much better this way! :) Love you!