Friday, October 12, 2007

Of Copper Wire and Pitchers....

A while back I had posted about my pitcher that I had jazzed up the handle..... Well..... I had gotten the copper wire at Mangelsen's in Omaha. However it was over 5.00 for just a bit of wire. So I got to thinking.... (Uh-oh! Me thinking! That's dangerous!!) And I figured there just HAD to be a cheaper way to get wire!


Well, fast forward to now..... And.... TA-DAA!!!! I found it!

MENARDS.... My hero!

I bought about 4 ft of copper wire for 2.50! I know it looks too thick... but....

It is actually 7 strands of copper wire! So it's 4 ft. long... Multiplied by 7! All for $2.50!!

YAY! Just thought I'd let you all know the cheaper route to go should you make your own fun pitchers! I already got 3 more (Besides mom's that she wants me to do) to use as gifts... Just waiting to be jazzed up! :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know where the deal lies...but for now, I think I'll just let you keep making them, and just get them through YOU! :D You do such a gorgeously, beautiful job anyway that I wouldn't want to ruin the effect!! Love you!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the vase with copper. What a bargain on the wire!
Penny

Unknown said...

clever!