Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Someone sent me roses!!!

Some guy from New Mexico sent me roses! 800 roses to be exact! I don't know... Seems like a bit of overkill to me, but... Who am I to complain? Just call him overly amorous!

Okay... Okay... To be perfectly honest... I don't even know the guy. In fact... I had to pay him to send them. So it's not the sweet, loving, romantic act I made it out to be... But that doesn't make me any less excited!!! :o)


I ordered 800 wooden roses... They are beautiful! I am so excited about them! They are handcrafted out of birch wood. They look SO real! I love them! We add scent to them and they smell BEAUTIFULLY! They make incredible car fresheners! ;o)

I'm hoping to do a craft show with my "junk" and our candles this fall, so I'll bring them along too. And even if I don't sell any, I'm having so much fun giving them away!!! It's a cheap way to make a smile!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They look lovely! I have never seen a wooden rose before! And you are right...they are beautiful! And 800 oh my! Good luck with your craft fair! I wish I was closer I would surely go to your booth for sure!

Anonymous said...

Wow...Wooden roses... I told mom and she got a funny expression on her face and asked, "what in the world would one do with wooden roses...and especially 800?" You have an amazing knack for turning trash into treasure as your blog site title confirms. I would never have the creativity to think of such projects...then again, I've never been all that interested in nick-knack stuff and craft fairs. Glad YOU have fun with what you do!

Lots of Laughter, Anna

The Ansons said...

OHhhhh! Can I have one? PLEEEEEASE? With a cherry on top? Ok, two cherries? They are so pretty! What a fun idea!

Lydia
PS. I think you dad may come down the end of Oct. for the weekend. You should tag a long! I don't think you have ever been to our place have you?