Monday, January 29, 2007

If you could build a house, what kind would you build?

I was on my message board tonight and one of the threads was exactly that. So I got to thinking.... Hmmm... What kind of house would I build?



To start out, I wouldn't want to build a house. I like old houses. I really do! So let's just paraphrase that question...

"What is your dream house?"



*Sigh* Ahhh yes... My dream house...

An adorable, blue cape cod with a wrap-around porch in the country. Kind of like these...


Cute, aren't they?!?

Porch swing to sit on in the evenings... Red geraniums and ivy in hanging pots... A wind chime tinkling in the warm breeze... An old red barn and a few out-buildings for my "treasures..."

Inside I'd have high ceilings... Nothing formal... All country/cottage decorated... Grapevine wreaths... Barnboard... Wicker baskets... Warm yummy, bakery candles... (Master's Hand Candles, of course! :o) lol) Quilts... And of course my bottles!!!

An entryway...
A cozy living room...
A big, open kitchen/dining room...
Several bedrooms... (Depending on how many kids came along! *grin*)
2 bathrooms... (Less than that and someone always banging on the door just as soon as you get in the shower... Any more than that and there's too many to clean. 2 toilets to scrub is enough!!! lol)
A mud-room/laundry room that all those kids can come into after they've been out having mud-fights. (Those were the best!!! Micah and I had the greatest mud-fights! lol)


*Sigh* Yeah... Sounds lovely! My dream house!
But you know... You can make any home lovely inside like that. All it needs is a paint... Hard work... And a little creativity! ;o)




What have I been up to? I was gone this weekend, so not much got done on my "project." But I did get about 2/3 of the wainscoting up today. YAY! I really think this is going to be very nice when it's done! It'll really tie the room together! I'm so excited!!!


We went to an auction on Saturday! FUN, FUN! I love auctions! We got a bunch of tables and stuff. Mostly for tools and candles. That'll be nice to get more organized!!! Organized is good! Also got some new "projects." An adorable old trunk... 2 ancient-but-lovely porch pillars... a small table that is "crackle-worthy..." LOTS of shelving that we tore apart for the wood... (Hey! All those for 1.00! Can't beat that at Menard's!!! There's a lot of lumber in those shelves!) Yeah... It was fun, fun, fun!!! Now I'm in the mood to go to another! I need to stop though! I've got to finish my current projects first!!! :o) lol


Speaking of which... I should go see if that primer is dry!



*Sigh* I can't think of any cute quips to finish my post off with...
Awww well... I'll just be back soon! ;o)

No comments: