Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm "cool" now! I have a blog!

Well… My first question is:
Can you believe I have a BLOG?!? LOL I never thought I would… But I’d really like to have a place where I just post my latest projects and ideas! Mostly my Interior Decorating/Trash to Treasure escapades! :) You just never know what I might be working on next!

What plans do I have now? Well… Mom and I were pondering over what to do with our living room. It’s awful! To start out with, we have one of those lovely “cottage cheese ceilings!” ICKY! And on top of all that, it’s cracked down the middle. I think it’s from a shifting chimney which has since been fixed, leaving, of course, that crack. And… we had a leak from the upstairs bathroom tub (bad pipes) when we moved in, so we had to cut some of the ceiling out for that. AND… The roof leaked when we moved in, it’s all brown on one side. Not a pretty ceiling! lol Time for it to go!

I was cruising the blog of a very amazing woman. A girl after my own heart! She also had “cottage cheese” ceilings. Her house is ADORABLE! Anyway… she tore out the offending ceilings and replaced with tongue ‘n groove boards. I LOVE IT! I think I got mom talked into it too! Yeah baby! We’re going to re-do the living room!

Why am I so excited to redo the livingroom? It’s the sore-spot of the house as opposed to what it’s supposed to be! Cozy… Homey… A place where we spend time together…

The poor couch is sagging. We got it about 10-12 years ago on a garage sale. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a great couch! It’s held up well, surviving all 3 of us kids tearing around and jumping on it. But it’s time for it to die, rotting in some landfill! (Dosen’t that sound morbid?!) So a “new” couch is in the plans. (Okay… New for us! We’ll probably scour the goodwills, craigslist, ect… lol)

I’m on the lookout for an armoire for our TV. I prefer a very old, beat-up barely alive one. One that I can turn into TREASURE! Yeah!

We’ve got plank flooring under our 60+ year old carpet (Betcha didn’t know carpet could last that long, did you? It doesn’t! lol There’s no shag left. We can sweep it now. It’s bad!) But because of the dogs we don’t want to put new carpet in. It just dosen’t work for us! So I’d like to sand the dickens out of it and paint it! (Also an idea from my latest heroine of a woman! You’ve got to look at her blog!) Adorable! Mom’s kind of hard to convince on this one though. We’ll see.

I want to paint the brick on the chimney. It’s brown that clashes with the mantel something fierce! Nasty! I don’t like to gold either… But it’ll have to do! I don’t want to paint that too.

And last of all, everything is just kind of mumble-jumbled around. Furniture stashed here and there. There’s a stand that I want to tear apart for its spindles. (Muahaahaa!) And there are 2 ugly brown upholstered chairs that will find a temporary home in our dumpster before taking up permanent residence with our couch in a landwill somewhere. (Don’t worry… If I consider them trash, they must be something truly awful!

So yeah! Ideas… Just ideas at this point. Mom likes to stop and think about things for a while before we start.

Me?
I’m itchin’ to go start tearing out some cottage cheese ceiling! lol

No comments: