Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What made me laugh today:

You’ll never guess what came down our chimney today!!!

Not Santa... Not the Big Bad Wolf... But an Owl!!!

Our life isn’t normal! :o) lol
We have crazy things happening all the time! This is the 2nd time we’ve had something venture down our chimney. Last time it was a duck. I have no idea how they make it down, but they must find a way because we have an owl in our fireplace as I type! We're going to call Nebraska Game & Parks tomorrow to see how they'd get it out. The duck we just grabbed, took outside and released... but this 'lil fellow has a sharp beak and tallons!



Other than that... Not much new to report… I did the wainscoting on the front and gave the inside another coat of navy. I also did some trim along the bottom and hung hooks to hang our mugs on the shelf inside the cupboard. Now I’m just waiting for another trip to Omaha (probably on Saturday or Sunday) to get wood for the shelves. (That would be the first wood other than trim that we’ve had to purchase!) I’m so excited for this to be done! It’s going to be so pretty!

Anyway, I think I’ll go spread plastic across the dining room floor and get all the extra stuff that I want painted out and ready for tomorrow morning. I’ve got our:

*Dining Room Table ~ I’m just crackle painting the legs. The top will stay wood. I’ve decided that I love tables that have painted legs and wood tops. I want to try it on ours. Couldn’t hurt! After all this is just the table that we got for free at an auction! What is there to loose?! :o)

*A Chair ~ I want 6 different chairs and I’ll paint them 6 different ways, all using navy and white. That way they’ll kinda match, but not quite. Cute and cost efficient! :o) A set of 6 chairs is expensive!! So I'm making my own unique "set!" I’ve got 2 now (Both we got free when we got our free table) so just 4 more to go!

*2 Cabinets ~ They would be the 2 that we got in Omaha at my new favorite salvage yard.

*My 4 Stools ~ I figured that I might as well paint them as long as I have the plastic, paint, and brushes out. It’s getting bad though… I’m starting to get attached to them. I don’t know if I want to sell them. THAT’S WHY I BOUGHT THEM! Ack! It’s so hard being me! “I’m just a girl who can’t say no…” At least when it comes to furniture! I need to refinish my ‘lil buffet turning into a ‘lil kitchen island. I wonder if 2 of them would be the right height for it? Hmmm… That would be a good excuse to keep them! :o) After I was married, we could eat at the island for breakfast... And then after the kids started coming along, they could have their breakfast there when they got up, after daddy and I had already eaten and he had left for work. Awwww.... *sigh*

*Maybe a few windows ~ I have some windows that I’m going to paint and put chains on to hang. I’m going to try selling a few at that craft fair this spring. Again, not necessary to do now, but I might since I have the stuff out anyway. We’ll see.


I do believe that’s it, however I might take a run through my “to-paint” stuff and see if there’s anything else. I hope I marry a guy with a very big shed out back for all my projects! :o) lol

So… Enough typing… I’m going to go spread out that plastic!!!

No comments: