Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Still Workin'!

Hey there!
Still working away on the corner cabinet! I SO wish I had pictures! I'm creating away, but you can't see it! *Sigh* Soon... Pictures... Soon...

But guess what?!? The main structure is DONE!!! Yay! I even got the first coat of navy on it. Just need to put in 2 more shelves and wainscoting on the bottom. Then painting, painting, painting and I'm done!!! I can't wait! So far I've spent.... Let's see... $2 on the cabinet door... And the paint! That's it? Yeah! Cool! I just realized that! I've done it all out of "stuff" that we have around here. Old doors... A "landfill piano" that we tore apart. (Landfill Piano is what we "junkers" affectionately call those upright pianos. They say that they're not worth the gas to take them to the dump. Now I beg to differ! They have the BEST old wood! Tear 'em apart! This one was here when we moved in and we already had one of our own which had sentimental value) And all that kinda stuff! Too cool! I'll bet by the time I'm done, it'll cost us less than $20! Yeah! I need pictures!!! :o)

Oh! And we ended up in Omaha again. Went to a NEW salvage yard and.... I LOVE THIS ONE! Only I want to go back when it's warm! :o) lol It's all outside and it was COLD! Besides that, I forgot my coat! Brrrr....
We got a small cabinet that will fit perfectly between the refrig and the oven. We also got the MOST ADORABLE little drawer thing. It's got 3 drawers and looked so forlorn sitting there. As soon as I saw it, I got that feeling. You know that feeling? The one where you know you just HAVE to have it?!? You know it may be silly... Not make sense... Look pathetic... But hey! You want it! Yeah... It gets me every time!!!
Anyway... Neither one had a price on them, so off we went to find the guy. We tracked him down and asked...
Us: "Hey! How much is this little cabinet?" (We started with that first one.)
The Guy: "Well... Ummm.... How about $15?"
Us: "Okay! We'll take it... How about this one?" (Pointing to the 2nd one)
The Guy: "How about $25 for both?"
Us: "Yeah!!!" (Okay... Breathe! Stop acting so excited!!!)

SCORE!!!! It's DARLING!!! Love 'em!
Will post pics when I can! :o) Really!


Also stopped at a thrift store and picked up a set of 4 stools. They are so darling! I mean... They're not darling now, but they will be! We're going to do a craft fair this spring so... I picked up the 4 of them for 35.00 and I figure if I repaint them (They're a nasty green) and purdy them up, I can sell each for that amount! Wouldn't that be nifty? We'll see!


Anyhoo... It's late and I really should go clean up my mess in the kitchen before I head to bed and dream of hammers, paint brushes and my beloved saw! (Have I mentioned that I love my new saw?!?)

Blessings,
~Nicole

No comments: