Saturday, January 20, 2007

More Progress!

I'm back again... But still no pictures. Our camera is on the blink... So I'm just going to have to write about what I've been up to. Which is sad... Because nobody ever really reads what someone writes... They look for the pictures! But until our camera gets new life, I'm just going to have tell you what I'm doing. Fear not though... I will post pictures as soon as I can! :o)

Let's start with yesterday!
We went to Omaha... Scoured Goodwill's... AND... I got a Radial Arm Saw, baby! I probably wouldn't have gotten it, except a friend suggested that I should. I'm so glad that I did! I used it today and I LOVE it!!! THANK YOU!!! :o) It's going to be really nice!
I so desperately wanted to go to the two salvage yards in North Omaha... But we lost track of the time and missed it! *Humph* I was so bummed!!! To finish our escapade, we went to Menard's and got wainscoting and some trim. It's going to be really terrific in there when I'm done! Can't wait to post pics!

So that brings me to today... It took me about 1 1/2 hours to saw through our floorboards! "Why did it take so long to cut through 18 inches of trim?!" you ask.
Okay... So we start with 8 inch floorboards. I think, "Hey.. No problem! I'll just use our jig-saw. (Bad Idea) Let me just say this... Our jig-saw is a terrifying cross between a jack-hammer and a chain-saw! SCARY!!! I made it through about an inch of floorboard... and 2 jig-saw blades when I decided that it was time to stop and figure something else out! (Good Idea) So... I considered just using my teeth, but I refrained. After all, I survived braces, I don't want to loose my nice teeth. But, 1 1/2 hours later... After using a mix of drills and handsaws... I finally got the floorboard off! And believe it or not, it looks good! The remaining floorboard that is supposed to stay looks intact and the "cut" is actually straight! Looks like I used the right tools. :o)
Then I got the doors for the back mitered. I LOVE MY NEW RADIAL ARM SAW! (Did I already mention that???) 45 degree angles, baby. I was puzzling how I would do that since our circular saw is scary too. Though not quite as scary as our jack-hammer-chainsaw-jigsaw. So that's as far as I got. I need to do some electrical stuff before I move on to more cutting/nailing/screwing/cutting/cutting/more cutting... Did I mention that I love my new saw?!?

Anyhoo... I'm off to bed... Hopefully I'll have some more progress to report tomorrow!

No comments: